Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pinterest Inspired Dollar Store DIY

I love doing crafts and Pinterest is the perfect place to get craft ideas! I was inspired to make this when I saw a picture on Pinterest of mason jars that were made into glittery candle holders. I live in an apartment that doesn't allow candles so I figured I can use this as a cute pencil holder. Of course living on a college budget I skipped the mason jars and decided to do an all dollar store DIY.
This is what inspired me
Supplies:
Glue
Glass Jar
Glitter
Paint Brushes
Tape (I didn't realize I was going to need these until after I started)

Also, when you go pick out your glass jar try and find some in fun shapes. I went for this rounded one because I thought it would make it look more interesting than just a regular cylinder shape.

The first thing your going to do is put a piece of tape around the glass jar to insure that you will get a strait line. You can also skip the tape step and try to create your own design
After start painting the glue on the glass jar. I decided to do both the inside and outside of the jar to get a better look.
Once you have some of it painted with glue, pour glitter on the spots before the glue dries. I would recommend doing this over an empty shoe box so you can keep all the glitter contained.
Keep repeating this process until you are satisfied with the outcome!
What it looked like before the tape came off
I hope you guys enjoyed this DIY!
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please let me know below!
Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have such a adorable blog and interesting post, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to do so and follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I just started following you :)

    ReplyDelete